San Diego Tech Scene Blog
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION only $20 before this Friday Sept 23 5pm.
When: 10/07/2016 – 10/09/2016 05:00 pm to 01:00 pm
The Future of Animals Depends on Us
Do you have programming or design skills? Would you like to make the world safer for endangered species, and win over $1000 in local prizes and support / recognition from the US State Department in the process? Join us for the inaugural Zoohackathon— sponsored by the US State Department— to create solutions to international wildlife trafficking. You’ll form teams to address illegal animal capture and trade.
We’ll meet at the San Diego Zoo’s Institute for Conservation Research, a state-of-the-art research facility normally closed to the public.
Beckman Building, Institute for Conservation Research
Friday October 7th: 5pm – 8pm (optional overnight)
Welcome reception // Special animal presentation // Problem statements shared // Teams formed
Saturday October 8th: 8am – late (optional overnight)
All meals // Full day working sessions // Behind the scenes experience
Sunday October 9th: 8am – 1pm
Breakfast // Presentations to Judging Panel // Announcement of San Diego Zoohackathon winner // Lunch
What makes this event special?
- Win over $1000 in prizes
- Behind the scenes experiences
- Advance to international competition
- Overnight camping optional / showers provided
- Gain recognition and press for your contributions
- Become part of the community of conservation-minded technologists
- Exclusive access to Safari Park and Institute for Conservation Research
- Winners may receive support from US State Department and others to pursue ideas
- Ticket price includes all meals, snacks, and refreshments (dinner, breakfast, lunch, dinner, breakfast, lunch)
TECH cocktail is coming to San Diego on Thursday, February 11th! That’s right TECH cocktail is hosting their first West Coast event with the help of our platinum sponsor TurboTax […]
San Diego Tech User Groups Update The SD Tech User groups page has been updated: http://www.sdtechscene.com/groups/. If you know of a tech user group here in SD that's not on […]
Welcome to SD Tech Scene. It’s taken a little while to get this far but it’s finally happening. Yes, SD Tech Scene is now alive after almost a year since […]