Job Description for a Senior Software Architect and Developer
We are a fast growing San Diego based company with a leading online video creation platform. We currently serve the personal development market allowing people to make high quality videos of their dream life and achieve their full potential. We have a super fun and casual work environment with a great group of people. We seek a Senior Software Engineer, with project management experience to lead our small team of off and on site developers in Agile SDLC.
Eight plus years experience with online applications, eCommerce and video editing software would be ideal. You will design and develop applications, manage a large client database, support marketing efforts, manage an offshore developer team and create or select all technology to achieve business objectives.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, processing and performing all jobs in an efficient manner with no assistance from the supervisor
- Working closely with upper management.
- Design and develop programming systems making specific determinations about system performance.
- Expected to conduct system analysis and development, with limited support from professional staff, to keep our systems current with changing technologies.
- Analyze, design, coordinate and supervise the development of software systems to form a basis for the solution of information processing problems.
- Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications for junior programmers.
- Responsible for developing new programs and proofing the program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product.
- Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
- Search, summarize and keep the team abreast of strategic information from all sources
- Capable of writing specifications, proposals and papers.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- Provide feedback to analysis/training staff about performance considerations / usability issues concerning software specifications and implementation.
- Provide recommendations to management concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development management.
Additional skills and/or areas of expertise:
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Ability to “think outside the box”.
- Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers.
- Possess extremely advanced technical skills.
- As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, expected to learn these technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies with our systems.
- Expert knowledge of computer languages.
- Expert knowledge of data structures.
- Expert knowledge of computer logic and flow-charting.
- Expert knowledge of computer program design methods and techniques.
- Expert knowledge of all database vendor versions.
- Expert knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems.
- Expert knowledge of writing program documentation.
- In-depth technical knowledge of the current hardware.
In return you will be rewarded with the best work environment you could imagine: relaxed, fun, and friendly. An opportunity to expand and grow our team to meet business needs, and work closely with sales and marketing teams to achieve business goals.
Salary commensurate with experience but ranging from $80,000 to $125,000 + benefits.
To view the online video platform please visit, http://www.mindmovies.com/v2