Job Title: Desktop Support Administrator
Location: San Diego, CA
Overview: The Desktop Support Administrator will report directly to the IT Manager and is responsible for providing deskside support.
– Monitor ticket queues, troubleshoot and resolve assigned hardware, software and LAN/WAN tickets.
– Fulfill Service Requests such as workstation moves, software installations and equipment configuration changes.
– Assist in managing Windows Server 2008-2016, Linux Servers, configurations, security patches and applications.
– Create Active Directory computer and user accounts.
– Provide support for VPN connectivity via Cisco VPN client and RSA token
– Communicate plans, progress, and issues in a timely manner.
– Participate in the weekend shift rotation, and possibility providing after-hours support to customers and supported equipment.
– Support peripheral devices including scanners and printers.
– Support mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Air Cards.
– Support business continuity plans and site readiness.
– Document, track and monitor all problems and requests to ensure a timely resolution.
– Ability to communicate effectively with management and all levels of the customer’s organization to identify needs, evaluate solutions, identify opportunities for improvement and build customer relationships.
– Ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously, and in a timely manner.
– Comprehensive knowledge of operating systems and office productivity software (Preferred: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat)
– Familiarity with WAN devices, circuits, cabling, voice communication systems and facilities management.
– Working knowledge of operating endpoint management tools (Preferred: SCCM)
– Experience using IT Service Management software (Preferred: ServiceNow)
– Must be able to bend, kneel, stretch, crawl and lift or move up to 50 pounds.
– Required Education: High School (Desired: Associates Degree in Information Technology or related field)
– Required Work Experience: 2-4 years of experience providing technical support
– Must be willing to work at the station in San Diego location
– Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
– Must have valid driver’s license
– Must have ability to work any of a 24×7 shift
– Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
– Desired Professional Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, A+, Security+ and/or Network+
To apply for this position please submit an MS Word doc of your resume and put in the subject “Job ID # 1935”.