Sēkr is the complete resource for outdoor travel destinations and planning. Whether you are camping for the weekend, going on an epic road trip, or living full time in an RV, Sēkr makes your adventure easier, safer, and more connected.
Sēkr is a venture-backed, early stage startup that is scaling quickly on all sides of the business. We have a fully remote, passionate team of collaborative and fun people. Community is everything to us, and our team is the core of that value. Not only are we having fun, but we are impacting millions of people’s lives for the better, while investing in our professional and financial futures. And we want you to join us in the pursuit!
Sēkr is named for the seekers of the world, those of us looking to explore, connect, and get outside. Our mission is to help people improve their quality of life through outdoor adventure. Our values are: Community, Empowerment, Inclusivity, Accountability, and Quality of Life.
Our Perfect Marketing Director
We’re looking for an experienced Marketing Director to not only fulfill this goal, but to also help make Sēkr a leader in the outdoor lifestyle and recreation industry. If you are an SEO and ASO subject matter expert, have exceptional business acumen, a solid background of leading a team, strong strategic planning and analytical skills, and an in-depth knowledge of creating and actually implementing results-first marketing campaigns (bonus if you have travel, recreation, or outdoor industry experience) we’d love to speak with you.
– Create and execute upon a strong SEO strategy that improves key lead and conversion metrics including site traffic, search ranking, backlinks, domain authority, and referral traffic.
– Create and lead an ASO strategy that results in increased organic app installs.
– Develop highly effective, on-time, and on-budget traditional and digital marketing campaigns that accurately target and influence ideal customers.
– Build and execute a go-to-market strategy from inception to execution for the products and services you own
– Partner with the founders, 3rd party agencies, and social, brand, and content team members to identify areas of improvement, analyze performance factors, and implement best practices dedicated to increasing app conversions, marketing efficiencies, and financial performance.
– Leverage a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels to achieve determined metrics.
– Create customer data flow strategies that outline a direct path to conversion and retention from first install to in-app events, including user/behavior tracking, attribution modeling, and quantitative/qualitative analysis to make data informed decisions.
– Test, optimize and scale all types of digital marketing programs effectively.
– Back up strategic proposals with market evidence and data as well as heuristic knowledge of what does/doesn’t work
– Execute on both a strategic and tactical level, working both analytically and creatively to produce various partner and customer-facing materials.
– Perform market research to determine the needs and interests of Sēkr, our current and target customer and our existing products, as well as get ideas for new product offerings and growth initiatives.
– Work with leadership and team on the rollout of new programs, best practices and processes.
– Manage marketing initiatives and resources including vendors, partners, and agencies to ensure cost efficiencies and maintenance of a consistent brand image in all messaging and activities
– Develop insights and analytics to measure results and key learnings.
– Identify and develop product marketing initiatives that positions Sēkr as the leader in our industry.
– Manage product launches including planning, messaging and communication
– Identify sales and marketing tools to communicate the value proposition of our products and software solutions to targeted audiences
– Effectively train and mentor new marketing personnel.
– Preference will be given to candidates with proven SEO and ASO experience – be prepared to talk specific strategies and data-backed results during the interview phase.
– Proven marketing experience with at least five years in a similar role.
– Marketing leadership experience (bonus if it is in outdoor recreation or travel)
– Keen brand awareness – a clear understanding of how brands are grown and the importance of a balanced marketing mix
– A hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves and “do” not just “delegate” attitude and behavior.
– Proven track record of growth marketing (preferably with mobile apps) using various tracking tools and optimization strategies.
– A strong understanding of the latest mobile marketing trends.
– Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
– Proactive individual with an eye for efficiency (i.e. business processes re-engineering).
– Extensive knowledge in analyzing and reporting on marketing campaigns and strategies.
– Skills and focus required to consistently meet and exceed budgeted goals.
– Strong organization skills and the ability to maintain accurate data and records
– Working knowledge of Google Suite products – Gmail, Docs, Sheets, and Slides
– Excellent communication and problem resolution skills.
– Excited to work with a small team where you can make a big difference.
Compensation: $85k – $105k DOE + benefits
Worried about not having Outdoor, Travel, Social, etc. experience? Don’t be. What we’re building has many facets and we’re looking for people who can tell us things we may not know yet. We’re more interested in what you can bring than what you might have to learn.
– Fully remote position in a remote-only company
– Within 3 hours of Pacific time zone
– Must be able to legally work in the US
– Unlimited PTO, with a minimum required vacation
– Flexible hours
– Gym Membership
– US National Parks Pass and camping
– Medical, dental and vision coverage
– Unlimited growth potential
Sēkr is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. Backed by Techstars, Backstage Capital, and more.
Interested? Please apply at: