Sēkr is the complete resource for outdoor travel destinations and planning. Whether you are camping for the weekend, going on an epic road trip, or living full time in an RV, Sēkr makes your adventure easier, safer, and more connected.
Sēkr is a venture-backed, early stage startup that is scaling quickly on all sides of the business. We have a fully remote, passionate team of collaborative and fun people. Community is everything to us, and our team is the core of that value. Not only are we having fun, but we are impacting millions of people’s lives for the better, while investing in our professional and financial futures. And we want you to join us in the pursuit!
Sēkr is named for the seekers of the world, those of us looking to explore, connect, and get outside. Our mission is to help people improve their quality of life through outdoor adventure. Our values are: Community, Empowerment, Inclusivity, Accountability, and Quality of Life.
About Engineering at Sekr:
Low process – We want our process to make your job easier. You’ll have a lot of flexibility to get things done.
Forever fully remote – some of our team members are on the road full-time. Work from anywhere with a solid internet connection.
Own and shape what you are building – we value input from everyone and give people the flexibility shape their work.
We release regularly, pay down technical debt, and invest in our engineering infrastructure.
About your role:
You’ll be joining a small team during the early days of a company that will have a lasting impact on the way people explore the outdoors and connect with one another.
Here’s what you can look forward to:
– Own a big piece of our system. Your input and work will shape the technical aspects and the product aspects of our experience. Shape our stack – We’re using Ionic and Node.js with Typescript on Firebase. We have a lot of services to power and we need someone to get the right technologies in place as we take our products from experiments to scale.
– Wear many hats – we have a lot of opportunities and challenges to tackle. Everything from consuming data from external sources to powering search, to generating recommendations.
– Build a social experience for adventurous and interesting people – We’re not just a place to find fun places to explore, were also a place to find fun people to explore with and this role will have a key part in creating that experience.
– Partner with Product – we’re working quickly to find the best experience for our users. Help us build something awesome.
– Work with a diverse and international team
What you need for this position:
– Strong technical skill focused on App development. You’ll have an opportunity to contribute in many places but you’ll be an expert in one area.
– An ability to communicate and own your work in a remote and small-team environment.
– Able to do zero to one work. We have a lot of new projects and systems and we need people who can build things up from scratch.
– Knowledge of security good practices
– Help us build our process and our team culture.
– Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
– A willingness to learn and take on challenges as they come up
– Bonus if you have experience building a social product
– Bonus for good design sensibility.
– Bonus: Ionic, Angular2, Node.js, Firebase, PubNub, Stripe, Mixpanel
Compensation: $80k – $120k DOE + equity + benefits
Worried about not having Outdoor, Travel, Social, apps, web, B2B, AWS Infinidash, etc. experience? Don’t be. What we’re building has many facets and we’re looking for people who can tell us things we may not know yet. We’re more interested in what you can bring than what you might have to learn.
Fully remote position in a remote-only company
Within 3 hours of Pacific time zone
Must be able to legally work in the US
Unlimited PTO, with a minimum required vacation
US National Parks Pass and camping
Medical, dental and vision coverage
Unlimited growth potential
Sēkr is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. Backed by Techstars, Backstage Capital, and more.