Job Title: IT Analyst / End-user support
Location: San Diego
Type: Perm or Temp to Perm
Job Responsibilities for Technology Analyst:
Primary responsibly is to help support a 24/7 broadcast operation and will be directly responsible for supporting of end-users, support and maintaining of mission-critical applications and servers and equipment in a mixed OS environment
– Use verbal and written communication skills to convey information that may be complex to others who may have limited knowledge of the subject in question.
– Exercise substantial creativity to innovate new processes, procedures, or work products within guidelines or to achieve established objectives.
– Present system solution or other technically complex information within and outside of IT and Engineering team.
– Troubleshoot issues with networks, systems, and/or applications by completing complex root cause analyses, and escalates issues internally to corporate teams and externally to vendors.
– Participate in weekly department meeting and review sessions to communicate project and ticket status and discuss complex issues and business goals.
– Work closely with management to prioritize and balance business goals with information system requirements and resources.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
This position may start out as temp and convert to permanent or may start out as perm. This will be determined through the interview process.
– Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems) OR Bachelor’s degree in a non-technical field (e.g. Business, Humanities, Marketing) and 2+ years IT-relevant experience OR a High School diploma or equivalent and 4+ years IT-relevant experience.
– Documentation skills with attention to detail. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
– Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
– Solid understanding of large corporate business practices with fundamental understanding of project management and solid understanding of ITIL processes.
– Triage support for a wide variety of internal IT systems, services, and applications including comprehensive Tier 2 support including identifying root cause.
– Experience working with remotely located teams and supporting remote field users.
– Ability to work early mornings or evenings with occasional weekend and overnight work as required for operational support (Shifts) 24/7 IT services.
– Prior Experience with ticketing systems, ServiceNow, Fresh Service, etc.
– Documentation skills with attention to detail. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. – Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
– Scripting background, Python, PowerShell, BASH.
– Ability to lift 50 pounds and bend/crawl to run cables as needed.
– Excellent ability to learn, grasp and apply. Result-driven and go-getter attitude.
– Must be able to work nights and weekends and on-call as needed.
– Must be able to work efficiently with or without supervision.
– Relevant certifications will be a strong plus.
– Prior military service preferred.
– Bilingual (English/Spanish)
To apply for this position please submit an MS Word doc of your resume and put in the subject “Job ID # 1934”.