WHY WORK AT ZODIAC?
Zodiac, a leading global manufacturer of pool and spa products, strives to create the perfect pool experience to increase comfort, enjoyment and peace of mind. We design and develop some of the world’s most innovative solutions for technologically-advanced, energy-efficient and clean swimming pools and spas. Through our best-in-class products, Zodiac is the provider of choice for millions of people worldwide and is an industry leader in pool automation and web-enabling pool products.
Our focus on team development creates an environment of honesty and trust, leading to a shared passion for results. Our company culture is unlike any other – innovative, energetic and ambitious. In addition, internal growth is quite common at Zodiac. We take a great amount of pride in developing our employees and preparing them for the exciting career that lies ahead. We don’t want this to be just another job – we’re in it for the long run.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
We currently have a full time opening for a Cloud Software Engineer in our Vista, California headquarters.
The ideal candidate will be junior to mid-level, full-stack software engineer with experience designing and implementing cloud native solutions. This engineer will work as a key member within the IoT team. The IoT team specializes in building high-performance, reliable backend systems and server-side APIs and is responsible for creating connectivity fabric of platform to enable provisioning and automation of connected Zodiac products.
• Design and develop cloud based IoT systems based on top of AWS cloud infrastructure.
• Design and document reusable APIs to support current and future Zodiac integration partners and Home automation systems.
• Provide production support as needed along with on-call responsibilities.
• Support and enhance continuous integration and delivery of components.
• Work in a collaborative environment and be able to track work effort with user stories and tasks.
• Demonstrate commitment to code quality, participate in code reviews, write unit tests and manage code in Github.
WHAT WE SEEK
• Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering, computer science or related technical field.
• 3+ years of experience in software development.
• Strong knowledge of full stack development (2+ years Node.JS preferred).
• Experience writing tests using frameworks like Jasmine, Mocha etc.
• 2+ years of experience with cloud related technologies like AWS, Azure.
• Specific experience with AWS technologies (IoT, Redshift, Lambda, ECS) is a plus.
• 1+ years experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
• Experience with Ruby & Perl.
• Experience using Git and Github.
• Experience following Agile and Kanban methodologies.
WHAT WE OFFER
An exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a company that offers a competitive total rewards package that includes:
Alternate work week schedule (EVERY OTHER FRIDAY OFF!)
Full range of health benefits including medical, dental & vision, short & long-term disability
401(K) matching (100% of first 3% contributed, 50% of the next 2%)
Health and wellness programs / gym reimbursement
Educational assistance up to $7,000 per year
On-site self-service café / free gourmet coffee stations
Company sponsored FUN events!
Generous product discounts
In the pursuit of product excellence, Zodiac takes its corporate values to heart. We implement these guiding principles in everything we do: passion for results, honesty & trust, user-driven & customer focused, team work, lean thinking, innovate & pursue excellence.
For a deeper dive in to our corporate culture, click here or visit http://www.zodiac.com/en/united-states/company/careers
Zodiac is headquartered in Vista, CA, which is also home to its largest manufacturing plant and distribution facility. The business’s other facilities are in Salt Lake City, UT (Cover-Pools®), Rancho Santa Margarita, CA (Grand Effects®), Orlando, FL and Ontario, Canada.