Job Title: Sr. Systems Engineer – 1926
Location: San Diego, CA
Seeking Sr. Systems Engineer who will be an integral part of the production operations team, managing and maintaining the server and network infrastructure in the UAT and Production hosted application environments. This position’s scope of responsibility includes management and administration of operations for the SaaS infrastructure.
The successful candidate will participate in the design of the relevant architectures and services in support of customer requirements and SLAs. The position will interact daily with the ETL Operations teams and other members of the Production and Cloud Operations organizations.
Solid knowledge of network architecture, network services, and Windows system administration with an innate ability to troubleshoot issues in a distributed environment is key. Hands-on experience with complex build systems and expertise with build and deploy automation will be given preference.
– Support the design, implementation, management, and administration of UAT and production environments for a custom, private-cloud SaaS architecture
– Collaborate with product managers, business owners, data architects, database administrators, security operations, and developers to understand, interpret, implement, and support complex network, server, security, and data integration requirements
– Manage and support network systems and technologies, including LANs, WANs, directory services, DHCP, DNS, NTP, and Internet systems.
– Manage, administer, patch/update, monitor, and support Windows and Linux servers
– Develop procedures, programs, and documentation for the management and administration of networks, systems, resources, applications, and technologies, including backup and recovery of operating systems and host-based applications
– Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
-Troubleshoot problems reported by users.
– Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies at all levels of the organization, including Executive Leadership
– Monitor networks and systems to ensure security and availability
– Evaluate system performance and make recommendations to improve security, control, and efficiency
– Work with the Production Operations teams to help ensure customer requirements and SLAs are met
– Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for tasks.
– Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
– Make recommendations for future system and application upgrades.
– Drive and implement automation wherever feasible
– Design, test, and deploy new systems, applications and networks, including installing operating systems and database and productivity applications
– 5+ years of relevant experience
– Strong Windows system administration experience
– Broad knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networking including network services, routing, and switching
– Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.) management experience
– SAN and storage subsystem technologies (RAID) experience
– Experience with automating and scripting infrastructure processes using languages such as PowerShell
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining documentation
– Strong planning, organization, and project management skills
– Motivated team player with an ability to learn quickly
– Positive attitude, friendly personality, and strong interpersonal skills
– Ability to multitask with minimal supervision; capacity to take initiative when necessary and provide a proactive approach to the work that must be done
– Ability to work under pressure of projects and deadlines
– This position requires working outside of standard working times as necessary to investigate incidents, resolve problems, and ensure delivery consistent with company and customer SLAs.
Minimum BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent required
To apply for this position please submit an MS Word doc of your resume and put in the subject “Job ID # 1926”