CONNECT Accepts First Companies Into Its CapitalMatch Program
– Four San Diego-based startups accepted to program for fundraising assistance –
SAN DIEGO (March 8, 2016) – CONNECT, a premier innovation company accelerator in San Diego that helps create and scale companies in the technology and life sciences sectors, has announced that four local startups – Fragmob, GRI Bio, Guru, and Jaan Biotherapeutics – have been accepted into its brand new CapitalMatch program. Born out of CONNECT’s commitment to support San Diego’s innovation economy and a real need in the community, CapitalMatch aims to facilitate introductions between investors and investment-ready companies in the tech and life science sectors. CapitalMatch is paving the way for local startups to receive the funding they need to thrive.
“Our goal with CapitalMatch is to develop relationships with a large network of investors across the country. We work to understand their investment interests and then introduce them to the vetted San Diego companies that meet their investment criteria,” said Shawn Richardson, Senior Director, Match Programs at CONNECT. “We believe that being a part of the CapitalMatch program will be impactful for Fragmob, GRI Bio, Guru, and Jaan Biotherapeutics as they raise capital in the coming months.”
Fragmob, GRI Bio, Guru, and Jaan Biotherapeutics are the first companies to pass the vetting process of the CapitalMatch program. As CapitalMatch companies, they will now be supported with a variety of introductions and interactions with suitable potential investors.
CONNECT is pleased to introduce the first CapitalMatch companies:
· Fragmob: An international mobile sales automation software provider, Fragmob instigates action through technology that enables Direct Selling companies to realize the benefits of a powerful mobile solution. The Fragmob mobile platform drives Direct Selling sales reps towards the most focused, effective actions for their business in real-time and delivers actionable metrics so clients and users can achieve higher sales in less time. Raised funding will provide working capital as Fragmob builds its team to meet the growth in new clients and execute upon a strong sales pipeline.
· GRI Bio: GRI Bio is a clinical stage drug development company targeting NKT cells to treat various inflammatory diseases including liver disease and autoimmune conditions. Its lead asset, GRI-0621 is currently in a Phase IIA study with a targeted indication of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). The Company is currently seeking equity financing to fund a Phase IIB, proof of concept trial that would complete in late 2017.
· Guru: Guru is revolutionizing the way visitors experience museums acting as the technological bridge to the 21st century audience. Utilizing beacon technology, Guru creates a customized app for each museum that turns the ever-present smartphone into a personal concierge, expert tour guide, map and interactive tool that connects the visitor with the museum. Guru is in the process of raising $750,000 with $500,000 still open.
· Jaan Biotherapeutics: Jaan Biotherapeutics L.L.C. (JBT) is a life science company that is focused in developing first-in-class therapies that regenerate damaged heart muscle and could potentially treat heart disease, the largest single cause of death in the world. Heart disease does not discriminate by gender or race and is the No. 1 cause of death in the United States. Their fundraising efforts will assist in developing new treatments for heart disease.
For more information on CONNECT, please visit www.connect.org. To see how your investment-ready company may get involved with CONNECT’s CapitalMatch program, please contact Shawn Richardson at [email protected]
CONNECT is a premier innovation company accelerator in San Diego that creates and scales great companies in the technology and life sciences sectors. By creating an environment in which entrepreneurs and C-suite executives have access to the people, capital, and technology resources they need for success, CONNECT has assisted in the formation and development of more than 3,000 companies since 1985. Widely regarded as one of the world’s most successful organizations linking entrepreneurs and C-suite executives with the resources they need for the commercialization of innovative products and services; our program has been modeled in more than 50 regions around the world.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!