Kyriba is seeking a talented Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in San Diego, CA of more than 200 engineers working together to bring innovative solutions to Kyriba clients around the globe. We are a team of passionate people motivated by agility, innovation and continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Cloud Operations, you will be responsible for the availability and reliability of the Kyriba’s industry-leading financial technology products, including payments, risk management, business intelligence and fraud prevention.
You will be accountable for production, development and test Linux and Windows systems, responsibilities on these systems include system engineering, deployment, provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Install and management of existing servers, configuring hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards.
• Research, recommend and develop innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Monitor daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
• User account management.
• Provide Tier III/other support per request from the engineering and support organizations; investigate and troubleshoot system and application issues.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted teams.
• Willingness and ability to assist in Windows/Intel Desktop/Laptop Support for internal staff members.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports the Kyriba infrastructure and the Kyriba application per project or operational need
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures and documentation
• Assist in performing ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
• Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field.
• 7-10 years’ experience minimum supporting applications and systems in a production environment, preferably for a SaaS software organization.
• Prior experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is required.
• Experience with VMWare and virtual machines required.
• VMware Certified / Microsoft Windows / Linux/ AWS certified professionals are preferred.
• Multiple years of Open Source Linux-Unix system administration and shell scripting experience.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server administration, installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, backup, recovery and client support.
• Oracle RDBMS management.
• Working knowledge of EMC SAN products.
• Experience with Chef CMS and Automation tools (Rundeck, Puppet, Spacewalk).
• Team player. You should be able to communicate, lead and coach other team members, present to non-technical audience including customers.
• Solution oriented, constructive approach to problem-solving.