Kyriba is seeking a talented Network Engineer or Senior Network Engineer to join our team of more than 200 engineers working together to bring innovative solutions to Kyriba clients around the globe. We are a team of passionate people motivated by agility, innovation and continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Director of DevOps, you will be responsible for the performance, availability and reliability of the Kyriba’s industry-leading financial technology products.
The ideal candidate will be accountable for production, development, and test environments of Kyriba’s network which includes but not limited to routers, firewalls, and switches. The responsibilities on these systems include engineering, deployment, provisioning, and maintenance of the network infrastructure, as well as research and development to ensure continual innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Network design, architecture, management, and deployment of new and existing routing, switching, and firewall infrastructure for both physical and cloud environments.
• Network capacity planning and recommendations for growth.
• Proper execution of firewall change requests which support communications within the SaaS environment and its customers being conducted online with corporate security policies.
• Deployment and management of new and existing VPN connections with associated collaboration required with customers to implement those new VPNs.
• Responsible for security and performance monitoring in addition to being able to troubleshoot network-related issues in a logical manner.
• Willingness to learn and work with unfamiliar network operating systems and the ability to leverage automation tasks against repeatable network tasks.
• Research, recommend, and develop innovative, and where possible automated approaches for daily administrative tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field.
• At least 5 years’ experience supporting applications and systems in a production environment, preferably for a SaaS software organization.
• Deep expertise in network protocols, network security, routing, and switching.
• Familiarity with Palo Alto Networks firewalls and its Panorama centralized management application. Experience and fundamental understanding of at least one type of Network Operating System (ie. Cisco NX-OS, Juniper JunOS, Arista EOS, etc).
• Prior experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is highly desirable.
• Project Management skills, process oriented with attention to detail.
• ITIL Certification (or knowledge at least).
• Working knowledge of Linux system administration and shell scripting experience.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server administration.
• Familiarity with VMWare, and SAN storage systems is a plus.
• Comfortable performing in a process-oriented and change-controlled working atmosphere.
• Experience with Chef / Ansible CMS and Automation tools (Rundeck, Puppet, Spacewalk).
• Team player – should be able to communicate, lead and coach other team members, present to non-technical audience including customers.
• Solution-oriented, constructive approach to problem-solving.