Title: Senior Software Engineer – 1910
Location: San Diego, CA
This role will design, implement and test various components of a new distributed software system. Deployed on an application server cluster, the software system analyzes and interprets vast amounts of data and provides company’s clients with real-time intelligence to optimize patient diagnosis and treatment.
The software system is built on Linux, so a deep understanding of developing C/C++ software in the Linux environment is essential. This includes experience integrating and modifying third-party software and tools, both commercial and open source. Off-the-shelf software and tools are leveraged when possible, and proprietary solutions are developed only when necessary. All software must be coded to the highest possible performance and reliability standards. Validation of all developed software is expected.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
– Develop, modify and debug application server software
– Deploy, evaluate performance, optimize and test software on application servers
– Collaborate with clinical analytics engineering team to improve and extend the existing code base
– Collaborate with other engineering teams on front-end development, production, design, QA, etc.
– Document software and features for engineering and operations teams
– Participate in the scheduling, design, performance and code review process
– Other duties as assigned
– 5+ years of relevant software development experience
– Fluent with C/C++ on Linux/UNIX platforms
– Hands-on experience with the C++ STL and Boost
– Thorough understanding of distributed systems
– Thorough understanding of asynchronous messaging models (client/server, peer-to-peer and publish-subscribe)
– Thorough understanding of basic network protocols
– Thorough understanding of both structured and object-oriented paradigms
– Thorough understanding of data structures, design patterns and methods
– Prior experience working in multi-threaded code
– Prior experience with open source software and tools
– Strong written and oral communication
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Motivated and results-oriented team player
– Ability to learn quickly
– Positive attitude, friendly personality
– Ability to multitask with minimal supervision
– Bachelors or Master degree in Computer Science, or related major.
To apply for this position please submit an MS Word doc of your resume and put in the subject “Job ID # 1910” or apply at our website http://hightechpros.com.