Job Title: Software Quality Assurance Test Engineer – 1898
Location: San Diego, CA
Seeking Software Quality Assurance Test Engineer for rapidly growing company with offices all across the US. This position is in San Diego, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Ensures that products conform to business requirements/company policies, software quality standards, and established procedures
– Confirms that testable systems are specified, designed and implemented
– Designs, documents and implements procedures and techniques that are consistent with departmental SQA Methodology for analyzing, testing, and evaluating the risk (software & business), accuracy, completeness, internal integrity/consistency, testability and overall quality of business systems and SDLC processes
– Creates and maintains SQA deliverables including test plans, test cases, test data, project test progress and release reports, application turnover documents and test schedules
– Recommends and assists in corrective actions taken at all stages of product life
– Submits and tracks production (maintenance) and release issues in their respective systems
– Ability to read, interpret and analyze business requirements and design documents, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Capacity to communicate effectively in team settings with project stakeholders.
– Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
– BS degree in information systems, computer science, or related field.
– 2+ years industry experience as a software quality assurance test engineer
– Experience building integration tests using tools like MSTest, NUnit, SpecFlow, Mocha, or similar
– An understanding of quality assurance test methodologies, deliverables, processes, strategies, techniques and the software development life cycle (SDLC) is critical.
– Experience testing mission-critical relational database applications and web-based enterprise systems
– Experience with relational databases (administration and T-SQL)
– Experience reporting, regressing and reproducing software problems
– Ability to report on test progress
– Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational, written and verbal skills
– Proven capacity to effectively interface with dynamic development teams
– Ability to prioritize and multi-task
– C# development experience preferable. Will need to be familiar and knowledgeable.
– ASP..NET WEB API experience preferable. Will need to be familiar and knowledgeable.
To apply for this position please submit an MS Word doc of your resume and put in the subject “Job ID # 1898” or apply at our website http://hightechpros.com.