Job Title: Configuration Management Engineer – 1899
Location: San Diego, CA
Seeking Configuration Management Engineer for San Diego company that offers cloud-based solutions in the healthcare industry. The Configuration Management Engineer is an integral part of the development and corporate IT team. We are looking for a candidate who is well experienced in Continuous Integration, automation, as well as virtualization.
The Configuration Management Engineer is responsible for configuration management (CM) of capabilities, developmental and operational systems. This person works in Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to create and maintain configuration baselines (software, COTS/GOTS, development, test, production, etc.) supporting capability development, system sustainment and operations (SS&O).
Candidate must have solid knowledge of network architecture, network services, and Linux system administration with an innate ability to troubleshoot issues in a distributed environment is key. Hands-on experience with complex build systems and expertise with build and deploy automation.
– Document and perform software version control processes, policies and procedures.
– Uses or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures.
– Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system.
– Implements CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
– Perform change control and configuration audits.
– Experience and/or familiarity with CM standards such as ITIL and CMMI.
– Define and implement software configuration management processes and procedures.
– Develop product build scripts and procedures, and integrate scripts with the software build process.
– Establish and maintain program’s CM systems and document and software libraries
– Develop and improve the program CM processes.
– Provide CM process training to program team.
– Communicate CM status to CM Management and Program Management.
– Implementation and operation of the Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery systems (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
– Add existing automated test scripts (smoke tests) to Jenkins
– Implementation and operation of SCM (Perforce) source control management systems
– Operation and Administration of the Network configuration infrastructure where the CI, CD and SCM services are deployed, including VMWare virtual machines (Vcenter).
– Deploying and administrating development virtual machines primarily in Red Hat Linux
– Implementation and administration of Enterprise level backup solutions
– Deploying and administrating the QA infrastructure
– Working with development to implement a SCM streaming model
– Bachelors- degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent required.
– 5+ years of relevant experience.
– Strong Linux system administration experience.
– Experience and/or familiarity with one or more configuration management tool(s)
– Two (2) or more years of configuration management experience
– Broad knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networking including network services, routing, and switching.
– Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.) management experience.
– Deployment: Ansible, Vagrant, Puppet, Chef
– Experience with source code control systems such as Perforce or Git
– Experience with Jenkins
– Experience with Jira
– Scripting: Python, Perl, Ant, Linux shell
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining documentation.
– Strong planning, organization, and project management skills.
– Motivated team player with an ability to learn quickly.
– Positive attitude, friendly personality, and strong interpersonal skills.
– Ability to multitask with minimal supervision; capacity to take initiative when necessary and provide a proactive approach to the work that must be done.
– Ability to work under pressure of projects and deadlines.
This position requires working outside of standard working times as necessary to investigate incidents, resolve problems, and ensure delivery consistent with company and customer SLAs.
This is a startup company with just under 50 employees. This is a relaxed environment with onsite kitchen/lounge/snacks.
To apply for this position please submit an MS Word doc of your resume and put in the subject “Job ID # 1899” or apply at our website http://hightechpros.com.