Job Title: Technical Manager – 1897
Location: San Diego, CA
Seeking Technical Manager to deliver high-performing applications for rapidly growing company with offices all across the US. The Technical Manager provides project definition and implementation through hands-on management of a software development team leveraging Agile Scrum development and project management best practices defined by the company. They will undertake the execution of software development projects to achieve the company’s strategic objectives and must work closely with Product Design & other technical managers.
The Technical Manager is responsible for architecture, project ownership and team leadership. You will design, develop, test, debug and implement operating systems components, software tools, and utilities; as well as determine systems software design requirements in addition to ensuring that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. The selected candidate will help transition from current to new large scale systems software engineering policies, standards and procedures. Key responsibilities include the following:
– Manage and coordinate the work for a team of developers (ranging from 6-9 senior developers). Act as a player coach.
– Engage with internal and external customers to develop clear requirements and define scope.
– Lead a 6-9 person agile team to develop, test and delivery high quality software in a consistent manner.
– Apply sound quality management methods, tools and techniques to create and support defect-free application software that meets the needs of the organization
– Act as release manager to ensure product components are released for production deployment as tested by Software QA Group
– Act as “Voice of the Customer” when participating in product readiness reviews
– Bachelor’s Degree
– 5+ years of development experience
– 2+ years of prior management experience
– Experience in Web based and Database technologies
– Solid web development and troubleshooting skills
– Demonstrated expert knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and design patterns
– Experience with NodeJS, NPM, Webpack or Browserify is a bonus
– Experience in fast paced Agile Scrum environments.
– Proficiency in Continuous Delivery best practices
– Understanding & implementation of automated test processes
– Strong project management skills
– Strong written and verbal communication skills; Must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience (direct reports, peers and senior management)
– Excellent team building, negotiation and consensus building abilities
– Ability to motivate and build high performance software development teams
– Commercial Real Estate knowledge is a bonus
To apply for this position please submit an MS Word doc of your resume and put in the subject “Job ID # 1897” or apply at our website http://hightechpros.com.