Job Title: Database Applications Administrator – 1891
Location: Oakland, CA or Los Angeles, CA
Seeking Database Applications Administrator to serve as a primary administrator of programs database, currently Blackbaud Education Edge software. It is a full-time position which is exempt from the overtime provisions of the FLSA and IWO. The position is located in the Oakland or Los Angeles office and reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
The Database Applications Administrator will have responsibility for ensuring that the database can provide accurate analytics regarding fund programs to enable our leadership to plan for current and future needs.
Essential Job Functions
1. Makes recommendations for improving quality of database and ensures data integrity and security.
2. Coordinates and provides quality control for data entry.
3. Provides user support, training, and trouble-shooting.
4. Communicates and supports the introduction of new features, such as user queries.
5. Handles custom reporting and ad-hoc reporting requests.
6. Works collaboratively with other staff.
7. Uploads/updates all eligible user records on a quarterly basis.
8. Responsible for developing, updating, and disseminating system documentation.
9. Helps out with special projects and other duties as needed.
1. Significant experience administering operations of a proprietary database system, preferably Blackbaud including importing and exporting data, designing and producing custom queries and reports, and providing user support.
2. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously within strict timelines/deadlines.
3. Strong analytical mind, interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
4. Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills are required.
5. Experience working with MSSQL and Crystal reports
6. Experience developing, manipulating, and maintaining Googledocs spreadsheets and forms.
7. Strong written, oral, computer, and problem solving skills are important.
8. Flexibility regarding schedule and assignments
9. Ability to work well as part of a team, and with a diverse population is essential
10. A professional demeanor and a commitment to customer service are required.
Prefer to Have
1. Associate Degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Science or equivalent.
2. Experience working within a non-profit or labor environment.
Position has excellent benefits which include 401K, medical and pension.
To apply for this position please submit an MS Word doc of your resume and put in the subject “Job ID # 1891” or apply at our website http://hightechpros.com.