We are seeking an experienced Contract UX Designer for our client in the La Jolla area of San Diego, Calif. This is an immediate contract opportunity from now until approximately Feb 1st 2017.
Our Client is leading the transformation of elections worldwide—from expensive, antiquated purpose-built hardware-based systems and error-prone manual and paper processes, to a state-of-the-art software as a service (SaaS) model. Their unique combination of proven technologies and deep election administration and voting expertise are raising the standard for election systems.
As a Contract UX Designer, you will assist the UX team to create wireframes, provide visual design and build prototypes which support the goals of our developers, engineers, and product teams. This position will report to the Director of User Experience.
• Assist in the design one or more of our consumer facing products.
• Create a look consistent with all our service offerings while pleasing our users.
• Communicate effectively in a multi-disciplinary product development team and present ideas and designs effectively.
• Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
• Your work shows a focused, user-centered approach to design.
• A talent for giving and receiving criticism, and an appreciation of its importance in the creative process.
• Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
• Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
• Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g.Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision).
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions
without a portfolio included will not be considered.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any U.S. employer. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Staff Smart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Relocation assistance not provided.